Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cheney is Responsible...well damn.


As my friend William would say. Even though he has been decidedly silent on this issue. No surprose there. He seems to listen to Neil Boortz, Rush Limbaugh and Faux News 24/7. And what's more he believes it all. He thinks Thomas Sowell is a God and "W" was the original cherry tree chopping president.

He is one of those "silent majority types" that thinks eventually he will own everything he touches. He has a very negative attitude about everything except wealth. What is so ironic about William is that he lectures me about my morals, yet he uses drugs, has been divorced, skipped the country to avoid paying child support, moved to Germany to get free health care and votes republican; because he doesn't want anyone to have those kind of benefits here.

He just doesn't want to pay for any one else to have the same benefits he wants. He doesn't believe in abortion, yet has paid for more than one for girlfriends in trouble. He lectures me about how I have let down society because I don't have the moral convictions he has.

He probably hasn't been into a church, except for a funeral, since I was in his wedding back in 1981. I am not only a regular attender, but involved in many aspects on my local church. No, I am not guilty, I am just fed up with his repugnant attitude. The holier than thou thing has gotten old. We must take back the faith.

"Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right." ~ Isaac Asimov

"If you are sure you understand everything that is going on, you are hopelessly confused." ~ Walter Mondale

No comments: