Tuesday, May 30, 2006

T-minus two days until I go back to work....

"It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision." ~ Helen Keller

I will start a new job Thursday, so posts maybe limited, yet they become contagious. So I will probably post after work. Work begins at 6 AM, ends at 2:30 PM each day, off weekends. I'll be working across the street from my wife, so expenses won't go up, nowdays that is a great big deal. Insurance will actually go down since mine will now be paid for and my wife can discontinue me from her policy, a savings of over $4oo per month. Welcome to the Bush Health care plan.

State retirement, insurance and holidays will take some time to get accustomed to, but change is good. The government keeps producing lower unemployment figures each month, yet I kept seeing more and more unemployed persons at the employment office each month. The reason the rate goes down is because once the benefits run out a person is taken off of the unemployed role since they no longer file for unemployment, they are considered "NO LONGER UNEMPLOYED, BUT NO LONGER SEEKING WORK". There is a big difference in those terms. Once your benefits run out it is pointless to keep filing unless you have a political agenda. Because you don't file, your not considered unemployed and not "IN THE NUMBERS".

"Doubt is not below knowledge, but above it." ~ Emile-Auguste Chartier, "nom de plume" Alain

No comments: