Friday, November 13, 2009

BOOK BURNING????

I was reading my normal RSS feeds this morning, when an article at Baptist Planet caught my eye. It is about a church, Amazing Grace Baptist (Independent-KJV1611) in North Carolina. This church not only burned secular material, they burned almost all other translations of Scripture. They actually bragged about this. I followed a couple of links to get to the bottom of this story. My investigation led me to their web site. I have never seen as much hatred and intolerance on a church site, save one of those "American Christian" (white supremacist) or on Fred Phelps' site. They despise every thing from "wrong translations", Billy Graham, Rick Warren, John Piper to all types of popular and contemporary Christian music.
From other reading his church consists of his family and a very few others.
Fox News picked up on this story, ran it as a news event. It is no wonder most of the world distrusts Christians. This radical approach to soul-winning is destined to fail.
Besides the anti-everything, they are also against immigration and other denominations.
Wow! I knew there were nutsos out there, but man................./font>


No comments: