Thursday, November 12, 2009

Just had a thought, yes I can have them.

By definition the GOP is for small government and the Federal Government staying out of a person's business, right?
So how does this justify the pandering to the Christian Conservatives?
Isn't the attempt to force anti-choice down the throats of Americans contrary to "hands off" my person? Now understand, I do not condone abortion, but it is not my choice. Many people would rather not raise children at a particular time in their life. I continually here conservatives rail against having another welfare baby to feed. If that was truly their concern they would be for choice.
Isn't the same attempt to deny the union of any individual to another individual against their ardent platform of "Don't tread on me"?
Again I'm only saying if someone wants to spend their life with someone, why should we care. We should pray.
We cannot legislate abstinence, we cannot legislate choice, we cannot legislate sexual preference and we cannot legislate whether or not to bring another "welfare baby" into this world. That type of legislation is "Communistic". Unlike patriotism, this view of "limited government" is just a cover up for control of our lives.

No comments: